Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme : Online Registration & Apply for SEHAT Card
Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme | Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT Scheme |SEHAT Health Insurance Card | Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme Online Registration | PMJAY SEHAT Health Scheme
Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme– Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched “Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme” for Jammu residents and Kashmir through a virtual meeting on 26 December 2020. Through this scheme, every family in Jammu and Kashmir will get a cover of up to ₹ 500000 per year as health insurance by India’s Government. Jammu and Kashmir will be the first state in India where every family in the state will benefit from this scheme under the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme, an extended form of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
Do you know about Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY and how many people of the country have availed this scheme so far? If you want to know the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme and how is the scheme different from the rest of the country’s states? What documents will be required to take advantage of this scheme? On what basis will you get health insurance cover, then read this post until the end, because I will give the complete information about this plan in detail.
Highlights Of Jammu & Kashmir SEHAT Health Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Jammu and Kashmir SEHAT health Insurance Scheme|
|Launched by||Shri. Narender Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India|
|Launched Dated||26th December, 2020|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Purpose of Scheme||To provide health insurance cover upto Rs 5 lakh|
|Official website||To be launched soon|
|Insurance cover||Rs 5 lakh|
|Number of beneficiaries||1 crore Citizens of J&K from 6 lacs families|
What is the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme?
The Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme is an extension of the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Scheme, launched by Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 23 September 2018 from Ranchi. When the Government of India implemented this scheme, the benefits of schemes implemented by the Government of India were not reaching Jammu and Kashmir’s residents due to Section 370 and Section 35A in Jammu and Kashmir.
On 5 August 2019, the Government of India removed Section 370 and Section 35A giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir. So that any law and scheme implemented by the Government of India can be implemented in the whole of India, including the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The government of India has launched the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir residents to get the full benefit of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana under which every family of the state will be able to get the benefit of Health Insurance Scheme of ₹ 500000.
Out of 22 crores, 66 lakh families in India’s states under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, more than 13.4 crore families were eligible to benefit this scheme. But now more than 3.7 lakh families of Jammu and Kashmir have joined this scheme through the extended form Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY.
PM-JAY Sehat Health Insurance Scheme
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched the Jammu Kashmir PM-JAY Sehat Health Scheme on 26th December 2020 extending the Ayushman Bharat Scheme people of Jammu and Kashmir. Under this scheme, health insurance benefits of up to ₹ 5 lakh will be provided to about 6 lakh families in Jammu & Kashmir every year.
The eligible citizens of Jammu and Kashmir will be able to avail this scheme and get their treatment done in government and listed private hospitals at no cost. Social Endeavor for Health and Telemedicine (SEHAT) is a telemedicine initiative of the Government of India in the field of health, launched on 25 August 2015 by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Minister of Communications and Information Technology and Minister of Law and Justice.
SEHAT Scheme will develop the healthcare sector
The Government of India will provide health insurance benefits to the people of Jammu and Kashmir through the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme, but the health care sector will also be developed for successful implementation of SEHAT scheme. So that Jammu and Kashmir people do not have to go to any other city in the country to get the benefit of PMJAY SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. But still, the citizens of the state can go to any state hospital registered under Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana to get free treatment up to ₹ 500000 for availing this scheme.
PM-JAY SEHAT Health Scheme Benefits and Features
- The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 26 December 2020.
- Under this scheme, all Jammu and Kashmir people will be provided free health insurance benefit up to ₹ 500000.
- The scheme is inspired by the Social Endeavor for Health and Telemedicine (SEHAT), a health-related initiative launched in 2015 by the Government of India.
- The Government of India will establish 1100 health and wellness centres for the successful implementation of this scheme.
- Currently, work has started at 800 health and wellness centres for the implementation of this scheme.
- Under this scheme, SEHAT Health Insurance Cards will be issued to the beneficiaries, which is necessary to avail the scheme.
- Every person of Jammu & Kashmir can get their free treatment in any government and private hospital registered under Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana using the government’s SEHAT card.
- Any state citizen can get his registration done by contacting health & wellness centres and registered hospitals to avail this scheme.
- For the successful operation of the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme, the Government of India is preparing a data bank of Jammu and Kashmir residents.
- One crore persons from about 600,000 families of Jammu & Kashmir are being covered under this scheme.
- The state’s citizens will now be able to get treatment in more than 24000 Prime Minister Ayushman Bharat Scheme listed government and private hospitals.
- The health care sector of Jammu & Kashmir is also being developed through this scheme, so that a citizen of J&K does not need to go to another state for better healthcare.
How to apply for Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme?
Suppose you are willing to make your family’s PM-JAY Sehat Health Insurance Card under Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. In that case, the government offers two types of facilities to get Ayushman Bharat Sehat Health Insurance Card. You can get a Sehat Health Insurance Card made through health centres or listed hospitals only. Follow the steps given below for a Sehat Health Insurance Card.
By Health & Wellness Center
- The first applicant has to go to the nearest Health & Wellness Center. Health & Wellness Center Officers will verify your name in the list of PM-JAY SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme beneficiaries.
- If your name is in the beneficiary list of Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme, then the process of your SEHAT Health Card will be completed.
- After this, for Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT Health Insurance, you should provide all the documents required for the scheme like Aadhaar card, ration magazine, registered mobile number, etc.
- The Health & Wellness Center officer will complete the registration process and provide you with a registration ID.
- After this, within 10 to 15 days, your Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme will be given to you by the Health & Wellness Center Officer.
Registered and private hospitals
- First, the applicant has to go to the nearest private or government hospitals registered under the Pradhanmantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana with the necessary documents such as Aadhaar card, ration magazine, registered mobile number etc.
- The name will be verified in the PM Jan Arogya Yojana beneficiary list based on the document submitted by the registered hospital.
- Suppose your name is in the Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme beneficiary list. In that case, you will be given a SEHAT Health Insurance Card by completing your application process by the registered hospital.
How many people have taken advantage of PM Jan Arogya Yojana now?
If we look at the Government of India figures, by December 26, 2020, a total of 1.5 crore people have got their free treatment in various government and private hospitals connected with the scheme, taking advantage of the health insurance under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. In these figures, about 600000 people have got the treatment of Coronavirus due to infection of Covid-19 under this scheme.
At present, more than 24 thousand hospitals in the country have been registered under the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Scheme, where the scheme can be adequately availed using the Ayushman Bharat Golden Card. There are still some states in the country where the state governments have not yet implemented this scheme for their citizens. The plan has been implemented all over India except Delhi, Odisha, Telangana and West Bengal.
Gujarat state of India is at the forefront of receiving the benefits of PM Jan Arogya Yojana. More than 19,37,000 people have got their free treatment in various state hospitals using Ayushman Bharat Golden Card in the last two years. Tamil Nadu is second, and Kerala State is third in availing this scheme.
Why has the scheme not been implemented in Delhi, Odisha, Telangana and West Bengal?
When India’s Government started the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Scheme, only those who live below the poverty line included in the Social, Economic and Caste Census-2011 were included under this scheme. Delhi, Odisha, Telangana, Kerala and West Bengal did not implement the scheme, saying that they had better health plans than the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana launched by the central government.
The above state governments had said that if the Indian government serves better than the health schemes already running in the state, they will implement PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana. A few days after implementing this scheme, Kerala agreed to implement the scheme in its state. More than 13 lakh people of the state got their free treatment by taking advantage of this scheme within one year of implementing the states’ scheme.
Where does the money for PM Jan Ayogya Yojana come from?
The Government of India pays 60% of the total expenditure under the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Scheme, while the State Government gives 40%. Some state governments have withdrawn funds from the state budget in health care funds by creating a Non-Profitable Trust to fund this scheme. The state government directly transfers the money spent on the patients availing this scheme to the hospital’s account where the patient has been treated.
Some state governments are contracting with some private insurance companies to cover health insurance to raise funds for the scheme. In contrast, some states have opted for a mixed model, in which private insurance companies cover small payments on expenses. Government trusts cover the remaining large fees.
Which diseases are covered in Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme?
In the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana, a package related to about 1350 diseases has been prepared under this scheme. Later, in addition to allopathy, India’s Government has also added 19 packages providing treatment through Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, Yoga, and other methods. In the packages released by the government, the expenses before and after admission to the hospital, as well as the costs of transport, all types of medical examination, operation and other things used in the treatment are also covered in Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. The list of significant diseases covered in this scheme and not covered in the scheme is given below-
- Coronary artery changes by the bypass method
- prostate cancer
- Corrugated NGO Plastic
- Skull base surgery
- Double valve replacement
- Pulmonary Valve Replacement
- Anterior spine fixation
- Tissue expander
- Drug rehabilitation
- Fertility related process
- Cosmetic procedure
- Organ transplant
- Personal diagnosis
Documents required in SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
Aadhaar card voter ID card or ration card is required as an identity to avail the Ayushman Bharat PM Jai Health Scheme. The National Health Agency (NHA) has deployed Arogya Mitras in various hospitals. The job of Arogya Mitra is to verify the patients’ documents and help them in the treatment. If a patient has any problem related to this scheme, the patient can contact Arogya friends for inquiries and solutions. To get the benefit of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Sehat Scheme, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir must have the following documents-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and & Kashmir.
- Each Citizen of Jammu Kashmir
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Residence proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
The basis of insurance available in J&K SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme –
The Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme, an extended form of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, will now provide Arogya Bharat Health Insurance Golden Card with every citizen of Jammu and Kashmir. With the scheme’s help, the citizens of the state will be able to benefit from health insurance up to ₹ 500000. Jammu Kashmir is the first state in the country where all its citizens are covered under this scheme. Whereas in other states of the country, only those who came in the list of social, economic and caste-based census 2011 are being given this scheme’s benefit.
A person is not listed in the socio-economic and caste-based census 2011; he will not benefit from SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. There is no restriction on the age of the family for insurance cover under the scheme. Through this scheme, every person holding the Arogya Golden Card can undergo a cashless treatment of up to ₹ 500000 every year in a government or registered private hospital.
Also Read – Haryana Ration Card Online Apply